Mission and Goals
The mission of the Oskaloosa Community Schools:
Empower all students for success.
The vision of the Oskaloosa Community Schools is to prepare students for success by partnering with educational leaders, students, parents and community to provide educational excellence through quality programs and opportunities while emphasizing character development.
Student Learning Goals
1. Students will demonstrate mastery of Iowa Core Curriculum including 21st Century Skills.
2. Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
3. Students will demonstrate the ability to apply critical and higher order thinking skills to make decisions and solve problems.
4. Students will utilize technology to access, organize, create, evaluate and communicate innovative ideas and information.
5. Students will demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with others.
6. Students will demonstrate citizenship, caring, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, and respect.
7. Students will recognize and demonstrate healthy lifestyle choices.
8. Students will recognize and appreciate diversity and cultural differences.